Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Boy Meets Boy


Be careful when you hook up on the street. It's full of danger and thrill.

Korean Short Film

I've been eagerly waiting for this short film to hit the net since last year because I have high hopes that it would be good. And indeed, it did come short of my expectations.

It was short, sweet, a bit humorous, so gay, and very relevant. The director's cut was a little more than 16 minutes and not a minute of that wasted.

Don't bother trying to look for english subtitles - you won't need them. Director Kim Jho Kwang-Soo deflected from the usual usage of dialogue and focused on keeping the film short and simple but fabulously embelished. I'm now a big fan of Director Kim.

And it helped a lot that the younger boy was portrayed by uljjang Kim Hye Song whom I've seen last in the suger-coated movie Jenny and Juno (not a queer film). As a matter of fact, someone who has watched that film can immediately recognize Juno on Hye Song's character - cute, innocent, and just pure adorable.

What really makes this film a winner for me is that it so relevant to the 2K fag. Heck, it feels like a warcry of the queer movement. I myself was easily able to relate to the two boys. A hundred applause belongs to Boy Meets Boy.

Verdict: Must see! I mean it. It will only take around 15 minutes of your time and I swear it won't be waste.

Leeched through torrents from avistaz.org

Postscript:

Since this was not the work of a fansub group I'm sure you'd notice the obligatory "support fansubs" banner is missing. Instead, here's a plain screencap. Oh, watch it through streaming sites by all means. In fact, here's one from Veoh though that's not the director's cut.


(Veoh doesn't allow embedding anymore. I wonder why?)

No comments: