Monday, February 16, 2009

Kisaragi


There are no such things as coincidences. All things happen for a reason, just like the universe.

Japanese Film

I've had this movie for a long time already. I'm sure I leeched this either because of Oguri Shun or Koide Keisuke and I just hadn't found the time to sit down and watch it. And I don't regret having seen it.

It's rather a long time since I've seen a film that's any good and Kisaragi easily filled this void. I think what really gravitates me towards Kisaragi is it's theater-like feel. The entrance and exit of characters, the exposition, the intended contrast of characters, the set, the plot's coming in full circle in the end, the mannerisms, the stationary set - everything reeks of theater. This kind of script would easily fit in a theater-in-the-round stage. Oh but I heard it was an adapted novel? Hmm...

It''s easy to say that it was whodunnit formula, but somehow, it feels so much more. I give my applause to the solid narrative: the twist and turns were all in cue.

I'd say this is a film that's in between serious and just plain absurd. The shots were not handled amatuerly: I'm sure the hands behind them were expert. Was it comedy? I guess so...

Verdict: Fun to watch. It feels a little Oscar Wilde-ish. If you're a flick afficionado, this is a good find.

Leeched from avistaz.org
Fansub by 8thSin

No comments: